Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Car Whisperer

I'm a car chick.  I like cars.  I have my favorite (1967 Corvette) and I'm particular to a certain brand (Chevy).  If you need you're car jumped, I'm your girl.  I like to play in them with my uncle, changing fuses and replacing broken parts.  I know enough about the sounds and feels of cars to tell you what's most likely wrong with it, even if I can't fix it.  

We have this Sebring that sort of gets forgotten because we don't always need to drive it.  It's just easier to take one of the cars at the back of the line instead of moving them all to get the Sebring out.  So, it's sort of sat for a while (a looooong while) and wouldn't start.  Batteries drain if they are left too long.  So, with some creative finagling, I got it started this morning.  Finally.  And right now that alternator is doing it's job while the car runs and charging the battery.  I found out that forty minutes was not enough when I turned it off and it wouldn't start again.  Another jump and let it sit longer.  My fault for letting the battery get so very dead.  Hopefully, the battery will retain it's charge and we won't have to replace it.  It's a 50/50 toss up there.

So, now that I have that going, I can devote myself to the yarn.  And a nap later.  

No comments:

Post a Comment