Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Big Sigh...

OF RELIEF!

It turns out, as per usual, all my worrying was for naught.  The hinky happenings were...not hinky at all.  They were completely normal, everyday work stuff.  And I got work sponsored lunch thrown in.

Toby, my fabulous beta reader, has requested fingerless mitts for his prezzie.  I will have to find my man pattern as he has surprisingly large hands for a little dude.  Okay, he's not that little.  He's actually very normal sized.  But still, big hands!  In the past, I've always made them to fit my hands because everyone I've made them for has had similarly sized paws.  His?  Bigger by a lot.  I worry about the dreaded SSS cropping up, though.  Fortunately, it's not a hard pattern and I have many months before the snow flies again.  I endeavor to get them to him before that happens.  

Which brings up the point of my lack of working on projects.  Seriously.  Big slacker here.  There is so very much to get done and yet, I haven't felt that passion, that ambition, that's needed to do it.  I'm not sure what's wrong with me.  But I need to get over it.  Send some good thoughts my way, okay?  Because I sure need them.

Lyse's afghan is so very close to getting done.  And if I could just tear myself away from the computer for an hour or two, it would be done.  But somehow there is always a book to read or a blog to read or an email to answer and before I know it, it's bedtime.  And Bunny's lapghan, the one she specifically asked for and she's never asked for anything ever?  Still not even started.  I feel horrible guilt over this.  And yet I can't seem to make myself change it.  

Dear yarn gods, please grant me a divine intervention!

I'm making myself work on Lyse's 'ghan right now.  I'm going to do it.  Ready...set...

No comments:

Post a Comment