Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Once Upon a Time..

...when I was a little girl, I was an extroverted little thing.  I had to be the center of attention.  I had to be up in everyone's business and I absolutely had to be around people.

I don't know what happened to change all that.

Mom says I went away to college and came home an introvert.  I say that I am actually a misanthrope.  No one seems to agree with me on that which I guess is a good thing.  And, if truth be told, I don't actually hate people.  They just drive me crazy sometimes and I'd rather be holed up so I don't have to deal with them.  

The point of this diatribe?  I've done nothing for more than a week except go to work (which is necessary) and watch a marathon of all five seasons of Queer as Folk (because once I started, I couldn't stop until they were done).  I have not yarned in any capacity.  I have not written a word in ten days.  And I'm perfectly happy with that life.  Who needs to be out in the real world when the drama of made up television (or books) is so much better?!

But a funny thing happened today while I was at work.  My brain was mostly engaged with the job at hand, which it should be, except for the small part of if that never ever shuts off the creativity. The part that is always working on stories or projects and never lets me have a minutes rest.  That part of my brain decided to create a brand new character and shove him into the new world I am creating.  And suddenly I wasn't desperate to get home to watch the next episode of QaF, I was off in my created world and seeing scenes in my head of this dude's story.  And so now I have a whole new story to tell.  


Of course, that still means I'm living in the fictional world instead of the real one.  I'm still okay with that.  Because, my boys?  They are finding their true loves.  And I have to help them.

No comments:

Post a Comment