Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Autumn

I love the Fall.  I love everything about the season with the passion of a thousand fiery suns.

I love the way the leaves on the trees turn such gorgeous colors and I love the way they fall to the ground.  I love crunching through the leaves while walking.  I love the smells in the crisp air and even the ones that come from crunching through those leaves.  I love the weather, how its cool and maybe even chilly but not really cold.  I love the clothes; hooded sweatshirts and jeans and sweaters with delicious cable patterns on them.  I love everything about this time of year.

But one of the things I love the most?  Apple picking!

Here in New York, apples are a really big deal.  I mean a really big deal.  NY is the largest exporter of apples in the entire United States.  And there are orchards absolutely everywhere.  And there is something satisfying about going to one of these orchards and picking your favorite kinds of apples right off the trees and filling up a bag and carting it home...

Love.  It.

That's what we're doing today.  Mom and the siblings and I are going to our favorite orchard and we're going to pick apples.

I'm so excited about it, I can hardly sit still.     

No comments:

Post a Comment