Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, September 1, 2012

September, When it Comes

It's September.  Is everybody aware of that?!  Summer is over, for all intents and purposes, and although that doesn't mean the same thing as it did when I was a kid, there still a sort of sadness about it.  Nostalgia, I think, left over from childhood.  

I have big plans to be extra lazy today.  And then tomorrow and Monday, to really get some work done on the projects that I have going.  Well...at least the baby blankets.  I'm hoping to get one done tomorrow and the other done on Monday because I'm tired of looking at them.  I've reached that point in both projects where I'm totally over working on it.  I always inevitably reach that point with everything I make.  Even though they are super sweet, I wanna be done.  And because of that, I have a distinct apathy when it comes to actually working on them.  I'm well aware of this flaw.  I'm just not sure how to get past it.  Other than to just do it and get it done, of course.  

Got a new cell phone yesterday, an iPhone.  It's fun.  I'm still figuring stuff out and I'm terrified that I didn't put in people's numbers correctly.  I triple checked them but still...oh well.  And I will say this: it's a hell of a lot better at surfing the webz than my Blackberry was.  That will make my wait time so very much better.  

Oh!  I also wrote more than 3,000 words in the new world.  Because I don't actually plot out my books, I have a rough idea and an end result I want to reach but that's it, I'm not sure if this is going to be novella length or novel length.  I guess I will see how long it takes me to get where I need to go.  

If I get really ambitious, I'll weed and clean up the garden.  The petunias still look beautiful but the gladiolas are out of hand.  Somehow I think I won't get that ambitious ;) 
 

So anyway, long weekend filled with copious amounts of reading, writing, and yarning.  Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment