Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Used to

I used to have this rule.  I never started a new project until the previous one was finished.  That applied to both yarn and writing.  I never started something new until I was done with whatever I was working on.  In the last few years, that has gone straight out the window.  

Now, with the yarn projects, I usually have two or three things going at the same time.  I work on one at lunch and another at home.  Sometimes, two or three things at home on different days.  But even though I bent the rule where yarn was concerned, I never broke it where writing was concerned.

I bent it a little when I started writing Jamie and Shane's story while Sadie and her world was still unfinished.  But I told myself that was okay because it was two different genres, mostly, and it was making my muse happy to do that.  I could get all the scenes out of my head and the two worlds were so different that I didn't have to worry about them impinging on each other.

Until today.

Now, the rule has been busted and is strewn all about the room.  Because today I broke ground on a new story.  I couldn't silence Ben and Nathaniel.  They talked way too much.  It was incessant.  So, I started putting them on the page.  And it's in the same genre as Jamie and Shane and now I feel sort of like I'm cheating on one pair to be with the other.  

But I can't silence the muse.  And if she went quiet, I'd go stark raving mad.  I need to write.  It's a part of who I am; my genetic make up.  So I write what's in my brain, put it on the page, no matter whose story it is.

I used to have this rule.

But I don't anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment