Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, August 13, 2012

Menz

Those damn fools.

Even when they are fictional characters that live in my head, they are stubborn and ridiculous and cause me all sorts of trouble.

*grumble**grumble**grumble*

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm having trouble with the rewrites.  Jamie keeps getting way too angsty and even I want to tell him to relax.  What was that?  They are my characters, you say?  I can make them do whatever I want? Pfft. You've obviously never had fictional characters living in your head.  They do whatever they want.

Siiiiigh


Okay.  This obviously means I'm not doing something right and I need to go back to the drawing board.  I know this.  But that doesn't mean it isn't fun to complain.  I have to figure out why Jamie keeps turning into an angsty piece of crap and I have to figure out why Shane is too damn perfect.  There is obviously something I'm missing in their motivation.  If they would just go ahead and spit it out, I'd be forever grateful.  I'd really hate to scrap the whole thing and start over completely.  Honestly, I don't think I'll have to.  Really, I just need to get that first scene from Jamie's POV written to my satisfaction.  If I can get that right, the rest will fall into place.  

Anybody wanna tell me how I can do that?

No comments:

Post a Comment