Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Month of Birthdays...

...concludes today with my awesome big brother.  Happy Birthday, Brub!

Yes, I am well aware that August does, in fact, have three more days to the month.  They aren't as important.  When I get to work in the morning, I'll post the last of the money for the month.  That's not to say that I won't have any work to do, because I will, just that a little of the stress will be gone because I'll have plenty of time to get it done.  For this reason alone, I'm a fan of monthend.

I have yet to finish baby Annabelle's blanket.  I have to start over from scratch because I ran out of yarn and hate it anyway.  Today, I finally settled on a pattern (I think) so my goal is to get that done this weekend.  My big move has been pushed back till the end of September or thereabouts so I'll have plenty of time.  Not that I've actually finished anything I was supposed to get done previously.  The summer lazies have got me in a firm hold.  

I did write a chapter in one of my books the other day.  That felt good.  And I've made some good progress on Shane and Jamie's rewrites.  Okay, maybe not good progress, but a little bit of progress nonetheless.  But see, there's a problem...

There are these other characters in my head that don't fit into anything I've got going right now.  And they are being very demanding.  And I'm not sure I can put them off.  They might have to get down on the page, just so they'll shut up for a while.  The muse, she is insistent sometimes. I've got a broad plot and a good feel for the characters but none of the salient details.  And I just know it will turn into a series because everything I write turns into a series because I freaking love series.  And apparently italics.  

On an unrelated note, next Monday is Labor Day and the following Monday, I took off from work so I have two weeks in a row of four day weeks.  I'm looking forward to it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment