Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

You Can Tell She's a Writer

Someone said that about me recently and I was very flattered by the compliment.  I'm hoping it was a compliment.  I'm taking it as such. 

I just thought up a new villain.  I'm going to take great pleasure in killing her to death.  They say you should be careful what you say to an author.  I think the saying is supposed to be followed with "you might end up in one of her books."  It's true.  Many things people have said have ended up paraphrased in my pages.  Of course, with me, the saying also might be followed with "she may end up killing you in one of her books."  Insert evil laugh here.

Went shopping with the BFF this evening for a new mattress and box spring.  She got mad because I wouldn't sit on it.  I didn't need to.  She wanted it and that was enough.  I have no doubt she'll have many a peaceful slumber upon it.

Read a little this evening, and watched some Alphas, and did not yarn in any capacity.  That means I'll be working like a crazy woman to finish Sis's present on her behalf before the deadline.  Don't know why I procrastinate so much.  Once, when I was in college, I wrote three papers in six hours.  Got A's on them too.  I tell myself that I work better under pressure.  When I don't get to sleep Friday night because I'm crocheting like a mad woman, remind me that I thought so, OK? 

Welcome to August!  (Also known, in my world, as the month of birthdays)  I don't know how that happened.  It sneaked up on me just like June did.  And July.  Remember when you were a kid and summer seemed to last forever?  *wistful sigh*  I want those days back.

Incidentally, happy 50th post to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment