Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Apple Update

It was rather disappointingly warm yesterday.  I mean, it was still chilly enough to wear a hoodie but I would have liked just a bit more crisp in the air.  And our favorite orchard wasn't picking at trees close up; you had to get on the wagon attached to the tractor and ride down the field.  Sis has an unnatural aversion to these things.  I'm pretty sure it's because she's terrified of falling off and getting injured.  So, instead of actually picking our own apples we just picked some up.  They have a bunch of already picked and bagged apples at their little store.  I got a half bushel of Cortlands (because they are my favorite to bake and cook with) and a peck of Jonna Gold, a peck of Crispins (my very favorite to eat) and peck of Honeycrisps.  I don't know if they grow Honeycrisps elsewhere in the country but they are so very delicious.  If it weren't for my unnatural love of the Crispin, it would probably be my favorite.  

Then I came home and took a nap.  

Then I woke up from my napping desperately needing to bake.  So, I settled on apple bread and whipped up a couple of loaves.  I had a little extra left over so I put some in muffin form.  Very delicious.  And I drank a glass of apple strawberry wine.  It wasn't too bad but not my favorite.  Some sips had a weird sort of after taste.  Maybe the apple cherry will be better?  Oh, yeah.  They sold wine too.  I couldn't pass up a couple of bottles!

And of course, my brain started thinking of characters who work at an orchard.  I told my muse to shut the hell up.    

No comments:

Post a Comment