Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, September 12, 2014

CAL Update

Okay, yeah, more CAL stuff.  This is what has been going on so far:

--I had to make some decisions right off that bat.  And decisions are sometimes tricky for me, because I end up second guessing.  I'm always wondering if I should choose a different path, if another choice would have been better.  Especially when it's something I have to commit to and shouldn't change later.  So!  The first thing I had to do was choose which color was A, B, and C.  This is a very individualized sort of thing, and the choice is left up to the yarner as to which color gets assigned to which letter.  I hemmed and hawed for a while, rearranging and second guessing.  But in the end, I decided the lightest color would be A, the medium color B, and the darkest color C.  .

--Since this is a mystery scarf, there are three options to choose from in each stage for the pattern.  I know I wasn't going to choose option A--it was just singles and doubles, nothing exciting.  So I skipped right over that.  Option B was interesting, with a combination of colors, but I sort of didn't like the way it looked.  So then it was obvious I would be doing option C (which, incidentally, was labeled intermediate skill, but I don't know why as it was super easy).  

Thus decided, color and pattern, I commenced yarning.

--When I was studying the options, I realized that the "blocks" of pattern would all end up measuring the same.  Pretty ingenious way of getting all the different pattern stitches to fit together.  So, having decided on option C, I picked up color A and started going to town.  Roughly an hour later, my first block was complete.  I'm not sure if all the blocks will go as quickly, it all depends on the pattern of course, but it would be nice if the only took an hour or two each.

--Since it's six weeks long, there are six blocks.  Again, I'm not sure if they'll all be the same length (I do know they'll be the same width) but if they are, then the scarf will be about seven and a half feet long.  In my opinion, that's a wonderful thing.  I personally like them long.  

--I'm very anxious and excited to see what's next up in the mystery scarf CAL!  I'm sort of peeved I must wait.  But it's something to look forward to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment