Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Fickle Yarner

So yeah.  The fickle yarner is back.  I was working on that lovely blanket this past weekend and then...well, this yarn popped into my head and the shawl I was going to make myself, and as I was working along on the row, my brain was trying to figure out what I could do with that yarn for a shawl.  Well I did a little internet search and found a pattern I liked, and decided to go for it.  I made it in about three hours total, though it was spread over two days.

What I love about this yarn (so very much) is that it's really warm but really light.  I don't know quite how it manages it, but it does.  I was working on it, and it got big enough to spread on my lap and then...I was sort of amazing how I couldn't even really feel the weight of it, but I could feel it's immense warmth.  Now, I've made a different shawl from the same kind of yarn before, and I felt it then too, but I'd forgotten.  And it was really fabulous to be reminded.  

So yeah, guys, this is for me and just in time too...because summer is technically over, at least the season, and it's September, and pretty soon, it'll be a bit chilly, and I'll be happy to have it.


2 comments:

  1. Aw, that's a pretty pattern, Kris. And well done that you made for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete