Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Surviving and The Wait

You'll all be happy to know that I survived the weekend.  Mostly, the girls were all over Sis and that gave me ample opportunity to hide.  Not that I was invited along anyway, and mostly I didn't want to be, so it was okay.  I would have liked to be invited to the book store, but since I don't have any extra money to spend right this moment anyway, I let the hurt go on that pretty quickly.  It was good to see them, and the little one (she's ten) told me I should write about finding a young man finding a skeleton in the woods.  When he doesn't know what to do, he buries it, only for it to come to life and come after him.  She's got quite and imagination...I think she could be an author herself someday.

I have today off of work as well.  Yesterday was glorious, and I was so very lazy, so that was good.  Today, I'm drinking my coffee of deliciousness, and waiting for the next disappointing clue for the CAL to go live.  Then I'll work that up quickly and add it to my scarf.  After that, I intend to write.  I think I've got a bit of mojo back, and the beginnings of a long novella in my brain.  I'm not quite sure where it's going to go yet, there's still some plot points I need to work out, but I feel good about it.  We shall see, hm?

I am already dreading going back to work tomorrow, but I'm trying very hard not to let it spoil my day. I'm going to do good and enjoyable things instead, and make the day last as long as I possibly can.  In a couple of weeks, I have another two days off, and that is something to look forward to as well.

But in the meantime, I'm waiting for that next clue (which is frustrating) and then I'll get on with other things.  I have a couple episodes of Treehouse Masters to watch as well.  I'll do that with the yarning.  I really do love that show.  :)

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable week thus far!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like that ten year old might be the next Stephen King. Lol.

    Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete