Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

CAL

So I signed up to do a online Crochet-a-long.

What happened was this:

I'm not sure how I got on the mailing list, but it was yarn stuff so even though I didn't care too much about the emails, and I just looked at them and deleted them, I didn't unsubcribe.  And I got one for the CAL/KAL a couple of times and ignored it.  But a couple of weeks ago, I actually clicked, just to see and well, it snagged my attention.  Because, you see, Caron is doing something very special with it's United line of yarns.  A part of the price of every skein goes to Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation and that right there tugged on my heartstrings.  How can that not be a worthy cause, right?  So I looked some more and I realized, it's a mystery CAL.  As in, I know it's a scarf, but I don't have the pattern.  In fact, the pattern comes piecemeal, with choices, every week, so the scarf will be truly unique.

Except...

Today was the first day of the CAL, and as I'm sitting here late Tuesday night writing this to go up Wednesday, I did not receive my first email with the first clue and the first piece of the pattern.  I checked out the forum, and a few other people seemed to have had the same problem.  I emailed the people to see what the problem was, but I haven't heard back yet.  So I'm a little upset, because I wanted to get started, and kind of aggravated as well.  

And speaking of the forum, that's the other thing.  I lurk, I'm a lurker, and I don't often get involved with things.  But it's part of my goal to actually engage in the forum in regards to this.  To ignore the shy, and to actually comment and be involved.  I even made a single post already there!  Go Me!  

I'm excited about this.  I'm excited about watching it take shape as I work on it in pieces, each choice each week, shaping the final product.  I'm even excited (and also nervous) about being involved online.  So I'm on the edge of my seat, waiting for that first email, so I can get started.  Hopefully, it'll get sorted out tomorrow (today) and I'll be able to work on it after dinner out with a friend.  

Yay!

**update 1000 hours--the issue has been sorted out and I have now received the first clue.  Next week there should be no issues.  After dinner out, I will be starting on the first part of the pattern.  Woo!**

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of it being a mystery pattern! I hope you'll post a photo of the finished scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of fun. Like a choose your own adventure book, which was something I really loved as a kid. And of course I will post a pic!

      Delete