Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Conversations with Strangers

I was at the bank yesterday and while in line, a stranger struck up a conversation with me.  Normally, this would make me very uncomfortable.  In the past, I would give the courtesy nod and make non committal responses, and then fake my cell phone ringing.  But because I'm trying to change the things about me I do not like, I talked with this very nice lady who was just trying to pass the time.

It was nice.  It wasn't anything invasive.  We talked about the cup of coffee she was drinking (it wasn't very good) and about the hot weather we've been experiencing.  And then it was her turn to walk up to the next available teller.  I waited patiently for another window to open up.  

It wasn't until I left the bank that I realized exactly what I had done.  And I was proud of myself.  And speaking of proud...

I've written most of a chapter.  I'm still working on finishing it.  Even though my goal was just to write 5 pages, I've written more and I am on a roll.  Once I get that way, I can't stop until the muse lays off a little.  So, I'm still writing and feeling very good about it.

I have not worked on Lyse's afghan.  But I'm going to before the day is over.  Soon I will either finish the chapter or the muse will give it up and then I can work on that.  

All in all, it's been a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment