Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Helllloooooo Weekend!

I'm a fan of Fridays.  I'm sure it doesn't really come as a surprise.  A great many people like Fridays.  And Fridays sometimes make the week bearable.  Mom always says I shouldn't wish my life away, but I can't help but wait until Fridays.  

I like my job a lot, but I don't love it.  When it comes down to it, it's just a paycheck.  And that's not a bad thing.  I put in my eight hours and I work hard while I'm there and do the job to the best of my abilities.  But sometimes, it's still Bored O'clock.  And there is dealing with people.  Now, I've mentioned before that I am an introvert in a lot of ways.  Basically, I would rather spend time alone with the occasional interruption of people instead of the other way around.  And when I do interact with others, I much prefer it to be on my terms.  So, I wait and hope and wish for Friday at 5 so that I can retreat to my solitude.

That's probably while I enjoy reading and writing and working with yarn.  Because at their core, they are solitary tasks.  And being by myself, doing these things, this is the way that I decompress, de-stress from my day or worries or what have you.  Whatever is bothering me goes away when I'm doing these things. 


I'm working on changing some of the behavior that I find undesirable in myself.  Essentially, I believe that I am a good person with very good qualities.  But there are some things that I'm not happy about.  I crave validation but I don't want to put myself out there to get it.  I want to complete projects but I get apathetic about the outcome.  I set goals and then become lazy and rationalize it when I don't meet them.  


I plan on spending this weekend nurturing my need for solitude, but I've also set myself some small goals in attempt to get out of my comfort zone.  I want to finish Lyse's afghan, but I'm afraid if I tell myself I will, I won't actually do it.  Instead, I'm telling myself to simply finish the last round on the nine remaining squares.  I want to write another chapter in my book, but instead, I will endeavor  to complete at least five pages.  


Baby steps, right?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment