Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Another Score for the Stash

Here I've been, stressing over this baby blanket for my coworkers new baby who's now almost three months old.  Everything I start, I frog.  I hated everything.  And then yesterday, as I was looking for something else entirely, I came across a baby blanket I had made several years ago to use up extra yarn and had put away to give as a gift at some point in the future.

O.O <-- that's what I looked like when I found it. 

Now, it's not surprising that I had forgotten about it.  It seems like forever since I've made something just to make it.  Everything I've done in recent years has been for a purpose.  A particular gift that I needed to finish by a particular time.  So, I had put this away and then I started making things with a purpose and promptly forgot about it.  I'm freaking thrilled it's there and nice and I just have to weave in some ends and I can give it away.  Thrilled, I tell you!

Here it is!  It's not my very best work.  This was back when I was learning all about crochet; more than just the double which was all that I knew to begin with.  But here is a sweet little granny square pattern.  The yarn is super soft too, though who makes in and what the colorways are, I couldn't tell you.  It was years ago and I don't remember.




Also, I finished the ruffly scarf in fabulous Starbella Flash.  I gotta tell you; it was both way fun and an absolute bitch to work with.  I have some more in another colorway that I'm going to work up for Sis for Christmas or her birthday, depending on when I get it done.  But here my trusted teddy bear and favorite model is showing that off for you too.  (He's very good at modeling hats too!)  It's pretty fabulous.  I was going to give it to the BFF, but she didn't really want it.  Thought it was awesome but she's not really into scarves except for winter wear and this one, while it does keep you warm, is more of a fashion thing.  I don't blame her.  I would much rather she tell me she doesn't want something than to take it and not like it. 



And then, last night, I went to an impromptu Halloween party.  I'm not much for the holiday, but I put on my soft kitty hoodie, with the hood up, and joined in the games and ate way too much food and homemade potato chips.  Good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment