Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Halloween

Last year I had this brilliant idea for this year's costume.  I was going to be an afghan!  It'd be the perfect excuse to use up all my stash; I'd crochet a striped afghan that would be big enough to go around me, leave arm and head holes, put fringe on the ends, and ta da!  Insta-costume.  With the added benefit of being able to wear it when it was cold.  I was all excited.  It was going to be great!  Of course, I promptly forgot about my brilliant idea until just this minute.  There is no way that I'll be able to get something like that done in time.  

Oh well.  There's always next year.

The truth of the matter is, I'm not really into Halloween.  At all.  I even stopped trick or treating when I was about 12.  Sure, I liked the candy.  But I didn't like actually going up to people's houses and getting it.  And I can never think of costume's that are worthwhile or in anyway good (afghan idea not withstanding).  Last year, when forced to attend a party, I put on a collar and leash and was the BFF's human pet (she was a vampire).  At any rate, Halloween does not hold the appeal for me that it does for others.  

I have been knitting like a crazy woman though.  I'm working on the BFF's birthday present.  And I just got some fabulous ruffle yarn that made me work on that too.  I'm having a good time with that.  

Maybe this time I'll remember to get pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment