Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Place

You know that place where you've got a thousand things going on in your head and you want to do at least half of them, but you don't have enough hands?  Yeah.  That's the place I'm in right now.  Because I designed a scarf this weekend, which I want to make.  And the BFF's scarf needs to get done.  And I have characters stomping around in my head and...yeah, it's busy and I want to do everything and I can't.  I have to pick and choose.  

First up?  A reread and a bit of an edit on one of my books so that I can send it to Toby (my awesome beta reader) for his feedback.  

Then, I'll probably work on getting the new yarn, Cascade soft spun in Heather Cobalt, out of hanks and into balls.  I have a ball winder.  I do not have a swiff.  This takes much planning on my part and finagling with chairs.  And sometimes extra hands.  Or else I have a knot ball instead of a yarn ball.

And then, because I'm being honest here, I'll probably work on the scarf I designed instead of the one for the BFF.  Because I'm like that.  The Dr. Who scarf is just garter, and I can whip that out in no time with very little concentration.  The other?  That's got a mess of different stitches, including a cable, and I have to pay attention so I don't forget to twist.

Oh, and as a side note: coworker did not open the bag containing baby blanket.  He didn't even look.  He decided to let his wife do it and took it home. He ruined my fun.  I made a pouty face.  He laughed.  And I know they'll enjoy seeing it for the first time together.

Thank you, that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment