Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hello, November...I've been waiting!

Thank all that is good and holy in this world, October is over.  I'm not a fan of the month.  I'm just not.  I don't know why.  Nothing horrific or damaging has happened to me in October. But I wait with baited breath for the month to end and am ever so relieved when I wake up on November 1st.  Everything is better.  Plus, November has Thanksgiving and I've gotta tell you, that's one of my favorite holidays.  Not just the meal, thought that's pretty awesome, but I love the togetherness and family time that day.  Puts a smile on my face that lasts a pretty damn long time.

I have ten days to finish the BFF's birthday present.  I think I can get it done without much fuss or muss.  I'll play a movie tonight and see if I can't get another section finished.  Maybe this weekend I'll get it completely done.  Then perhaps our favorite model will consent to getting his picture taken with it. I'm still pretty damn excited about it.  Can't wait to see the finished product.

Toby has the first book in the supernatural series I'm writing.  I'm waiting to see what he thinks about it.  I know enough now to know that he will read the whole thing before he makes a comment.  I also know that he is a bit of a slow reader and that he's also very very busy.  It's going to be an excruciating wait.  

I want to make a scarf for me.  I have the whole thing designed.  I just need to knit it.  How do I justify making something for myself when there are many other things out there that need to get done?  I don't know that I can justify it...that doesn't mean that I won't do it anyway.  Depending on if I have enough left over yarn, I just may make me a matching hat!  I don't have a scarf/hat combo and winter is coming.  

And I really, really need to make Toby's fingerless mitts.  Perhaps I can reward myself with the hat/scarf combo once I get Toby's done?  That sounds like a plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment