Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

It's Not My Fault!

I blame Izzy, who has a birthday, who needs a present.  And I blame the muse, who, upon receiving the birthday invitation, immediately smacked me in the face with a hat pattern.  It's gonna be sweet, with ribbing and cables.  Inspired by one of my favorite sweaters.  I swear this time I'll try very very hard to remember to take a picture!

So, yeah.  Something else crops up with a deadline and pushes all the other things that I want to/should be working on back some more.  But I have Monday and Tuesday off from work already for a little R and R and seeing as how her birthday is not until the following Monday, I think I'll be able to get it done.  I'm currently toying with the idea of twisting the cables at different intervals.  Like every fourth row on one and the eighth row on the next.  Or twisting every eight rows on all but staggering it so that its every fourth row on alternating cables.  We'll see.  I haven't got the yarn on the needles yet so I don't have to make a decision just yet.  

But there's a birthday party in the future and that is always fun!  Yay!

On a semi related note, the work Christmas party is a week from Friday.  I'm already terribly nervous.  Crowds of people make me uneasy to begin with.  Crowds of people I don't know are worse.  And this is not just my office, but all the employees from each of the 12 locations.  I don't know any of them except for the ones that I work with directly.  There are a bunch that I talk to on the phone occasionally.  But I've never actually met them.  So, yeah, my nerves are in a knot already.  And I was going to skip it, I was, but I'm a grown up now and grown ups do these kinds of things.  And at the very least, the company is kind enough to throw us this bash in appreciation for all that we do and the least I can do is return the favor and show up.  

But still, nerves.     

No comments:

Post a Comment