Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

A Wee Bit of News

The BFF's birthday was a roaring success but sadly, I once again forgot to get pictures.  So, you'll have to take my word for it that not only did the Dr. Who Tom Baker-esque scarf come out awesomely, but it looks positively smashing.  I was a little worried as I was making it because the stripes are not the same amount of rows (I really like things that are symmetrical) and the colors didn't look like they should go together.  But they so do!  I love it enough, and have enough yarn left over, that I just might make one for me.  Maybe.  The dreaded SSS may not allow it.  And speaking of SSS...

The next project on the docket, even though I still haven't finished Lyse's afghan or started Bunny's afghan or finished Sis's afghan, is to make a pair of fingerless mitts with mitten flaps for Toby.  He's really doing wonderful things for me and it's starting to get pretty darn cold.  So, I'm thinking I really need to get on that.  This weekend, I have some major cleaning to do which includes reorginizing of the stash and tracking down all the needles that have found their way out into the ether.  Once I have a good handle on the needles and yarn  and patterns in my possession (yet again.  Because it seems this is a semi-annual event) then I'll get the mitts on the needles.  I've made a couple of pairs of these in the past, and even though my SSS really doesn't care to do it again, and makes me worry that I won't finish both mitts, I do know that I can make them fairly quickly.  It only takes five or six hours a mitt.  Of course, he's got big man hands so I may need to tack on a few hours to the projected completion time.  

And like I said, cleaning.  The one part of that I actually enjoy (besides the music blaring to keep my brain occupied) is the organizing of all the projects, yarn, patterns and other accutrements of my favorite hobby.  I love taking a look at all that I have, in part, because my brain starts thinking of new projects.  My brain does love a good work out.  And really, once I have a handle on the "things in progress" I may have to make me a real live schedule to get things done.  That's the plan anyway.  And I do love a good plan.

This year I'm not going crazy and making a ton of things for christmas for people.  In years past, that's been my thing.  Other than a scarf made out of Starbella in Spring Bouquet for Sis, I don't really have anything else planned.  And really, I would have needed to get on that already if I were to have had things done.  So this year, it's store bought gifts...and maye a Krafts by Kris gift certificate or two.

Incidentally, the empty store front down the street a bit where I always imagined my yarn shop would be is no longer empty.  Even though I have no capital and no business acumen, I still wanted to open a yarn shop and I wanted to do it there.  Oh well.  When I passed it tonight with Brub and saw that it was a nail salon, Brub promised that if he should ever win the lottery, I could have my yarn store.  Something to look forward to, I guess.

All right, maybe it wasn't as "wee" as I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment