Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, October 19, 2012

Yarnlemma

This, of course, is a yarn dilemma.

The BFF's birthday is a little less than a month away and she's getting a Tom Baker-esque Dr. Who scarf.  She already knows this because I had to throw it at her to see if it would stick.  It won't be as long or as wide (we don't want it to swallow her whole) but I'm probably  more excited about making it than she is about getting it.  I chose Cascade 220 Superwash worsted as the yarn and I ordered it from the fabulous Webs at www.yarn.com and I was very excited.  And then, the dreaded news.  One of the yarns, the purple, is on back order.  I have a deadline people!  It can't be on back order!  And why did it say there was a bunch of hanks left when there weren't?!  OK, breathe.  I know it was probably a random confluence of events that there were orders and it wasn't updated and the like but I need that yarn!  I thought about making the trip to my LYS to see if they had it but if they don't then there is no way I can walk out of the store empty handed and I don't need anymore yarn.  Want? Yes.  Need?  No.  So...

Yarnlemma.

Of course, the purple kicks the whole thing off.  And ends it on the other side too.  So unless I do a provisional cast on and work up until the next section where purple is supposed to go...

Sigh! Of course the rest of her gift, the part that I don't have to make, has already arrived and is wonderful. I even thought of using a different yarn because I'm sure I have something in my stash that will be the right color.  But it won't be the right texture.  And there's no telling when I'll actually get the yarn because it said that it could be anywhere from 2-3 weeks for back ordered products and....

Still in a yarnlemma.

I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment