Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

There was a flood in the basement

Not a real flood, thank God.  But the kind that happens when somehow the washing machine's draining tube comes loose so that the soapy water from the load empties all over the floor.  The cement and dirty floor.  And manages to get under the water heater, which is gas, and puts out the pilot light only you don't realize it until the next morning when you go to take your shower and there is no hot water and you have no choice but to take a fucking freezing cold shower because otherwise you'll be way late for work.  

But thank all the Gods and Goddesses that you have an uncle who is the most fantastic man alive and drops everything to run right over and get your water heater heating water again.

That was my Sunday night/Monday morning.  It was fun! (insert sarcasm here)

But I brought a loaf of Apple bread to work and my office people just raved over it.  Ate it all up.  Went back for seconds, and thirds, and even fourths until there was nothing left but crumbs in the bag.  That was incredibly satisfying.

And Fall is here!  Time to permanently break out the sweaters and hoodies!  Yay!  I am well pleased with the turn of the weather.  Got lost in my head for a bit planning all sorts of scarves/hats/mittens.  Had to force myself to stop because I have way too many things working right now and I need to get something finished before I start anything new.

Sis and I play words with friends.  We somehow ended up with three games going.  For the first time ever, I'm actually beating her.  In all three games.  I'm certain it won't last but I'm loving it while it happens.  

Because it's so chilly, I'm working on Lyse's afghan (still not finished!) because it keeps my lap warm while I work!

No comments:

Post a Comment