Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, June 27, 2014

As Ready As I'm Going To Be

At least mentally.

I'm not packed but I have my list. I know what to bring to keep my sanity in tact. To help me escape. I have the car charger ready so I don't lose power on the drive.

But I've gotten myself to a mental place that I think is pretty good. Yes, it's gonna suck donkey balls but I will make it through. I will hold my tongue. I will not cry. Okay, maybe I will but I'll be able to keep it inside and not make a scene. This weekend is not about me, and though I'll be stressed and anxiety ridden, I need to remember that.

I have a mental escape plan. I have a physical one too. And between both, I can make it through the weekend and make it about my nephew. I can handle this. I am ready.

Of course, that doesn't mean that I don't want this day to not end so tomorrow never comes.

4 comments:

  1. Good Luck! You've got all your coping strategies organised and you'll make it through till you're home again! Go Kris! *\o/*

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it helps, you'll know we're thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help, and I really appreciate the support! Thank you!

      Delete