Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Dreading...

There's a trip this upcoming weekend.  My nephew is getting christened and...I'm not looking forward to it.  At all.

Do I want to see my nephew?  Oh hells yes.  Of course I do.  He's too damn cute and has the best smile on the face of the planet.  Six months old, and he's got my heart.  It's true.  

But the travel?  The whole big party where I will know practically no one?  Yeah.  Don't want to do that.  

Y'all know I'm not a social creature.  I prefer being in solitude.  I actually get anxiety when there's too big of a crowd.  Even when it's people I know and love.  When it's not?  That's way worse.  

There are other issues, too, that I'm not going to hash out in public, because that's just not cool and I'm not that person.

Suffice it to say that it's going to be a hell of a weekend.  And I'm going to be on the raggedy edge of frayed nerves the whole time. All the good of the weekend is already being outweighed by the bad.  I keep trying to think positively, but honestly, there just isn't much positive about it.  It's going to be hard.  My routine will be upset, there will be crowds, my anxiety will be high.  

I already have a list of the things I will take, to help reduce the stress though.  I'll have my laptop to write and my kindle to read and my yarn to knit and hopefully, it'll help keep me sane.  

For my brother and my nephew, I will endure.  Even though I dread it with the fiery passion of a thousand suns.

4 comments:

  1. Poor you. Wishing you all the best for the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm gonna need it and I appreciate it.

      Delete
  2. Since it's at your brother's, can you escape to a room upstairs if it all gets too much? Just knowing that I can get out if I need to helps me cope, sometimes. If the party is being held somewhere else, ask if you can have a key to your brother's house and get the phone number of a local taxi firm, so that you know you can leave if you have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the position where disappearing would be seen as extremely rude. No one actually understands what it's like for me in a crowd and so they think I'm just exaggerating or making a big deal out of nothing. Fortunately, the party is outside and a walk down the block for a few minutes peace won't get me "in trouble". I, like you, need that kind of escape.

      If anybody questions it I'm telling them Helena said I could :p.

      Delete