Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, June 13, 2014

The Ding

I'm backing out of the driveway this morning, and I hear a ding.  I'm all "What was that??" I look at the dashboard.  No lights are on.  I have almost a full tank of gas.  There's nothing flashing, no warnings.  I'm sort of freaking out.  Either I'm having auditory hallucinations, or I missed whatever was wrong with the car and is it going to suddenly die on me??

It's driving fine, feels completely normal, so I keep driving toward work.  But in the back of my mind, I'm worrying about the ding.  Did it mean something?  Or really, did I imagine it?  About a mile and half from my destination, I hear a different sort of chime.  My face floods with embarrassment, even though there's no one to see.

The ding?  Email notification from my phone.  Yep.  I've heard it a thousand times and yet, somehow, in the confines of the car, in the dreary gray raining morning, I had no idea what it was.  

I know I've been MIA from the blogging lately.  I was in one of those slumps where I felt like I had nothing worthwhile to say. So I didn't say anything at all.  I'm going to try to be better about that.  If nothing else, it really helps me.  

Have a joyous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. What a relief though, that there was nothing wrong with the car! Especially as it's Friday 13th!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Relief, yes. But still sort of embarrassing :)

      Delete