Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, June 28, 2014

On The Road...Almost

A couple of hours to go, and I'm off on my trip.

The day has not started well.

I woke up at about 4:30 AM with my head absolutely and completely killing me.  It hurt so baldly I would have gladly taken an ax to the neck to to stop the pain.  I took a few pills instead and crawled back into bed.  About an hour later, I had to get up again...to throw up.  Sometimes, when my head hurts that badly, I don't have a choice.  Only, I really, really hate vomiting, and I'll do just about anything to avoid it.  I couldn't avoid it this morning, but I fortunately only had a few mouthfuls of water in my stomach so it was over rather quickly.  I did start to feel a little better though (which also sometimes happens when I get the really bad headaches) so I was happy about that.  I went downstairs and got an ice pack.  Then I crawled back into bed with the ice at the back of my head. I managed to fall asleep again and now, two and half hours later, I'm feeling better.   My head barely hurts, just a wee tiny bit that I'm hoping some caffeine will fix, and my stomach has settled.

I'm only partially packed, so I need to finish that up.  And then I need to stop at the store and get a christening card and some travel shampoo/conditioner because my stuff is in huge bottles and I don't want to lug them.  And then I'll be all set to go.  Well, as ready as I can be, right?

On the good news front:  I finally remembered to bring the baby blanket to work, which is good, because the baby is due next week and my coworker was telling us that his wife is already starting to dilate. The baby will be showing up any day now.  He absolutely loved the blanket.  I mean, he actually gushed and he's not exactly a gushy guy.   He couldn't wait to take it home and show his wife.  I was well pleased.  

Anyway, soon I'll be off, and any good vibes you think to send my way will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!  And have a good weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Ouch on the headache! Glad it's mostly cleared. Safe journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you had enough time before you had to leave to get the headache sorted out, although of course I'm sorry it happened at all. So glad the baby blanket was so well received! Thinking of you this weekend and sending good vibes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His joy in the blanket really made me smile. :)

      Thanks for the good vibes. I'm needing them and I'm feeling them!

      Delete