Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Lights

I put a string of lights up.

Now, hang on a minute, don't judge.  I haven't turned them on, other than to make sure they worked, and I won't until it's Christmas season.  But I had a very practical purpose for hanging them even though they aren't doing anything.

I just bought them, and I needed them to stretch out.  Straight out of the box, they are all still coiled and don't want to give up their tension.  So I hung them up to let them relax, stretch, and get comfortable.  Then, by the time I'm ready for lights, they'll look pretty and nice, instead of all scrunchy.

See?  I'm thinking ahead.  

I've got a couple more strings that will go up when it's decorating time.  And, oh boy, let me tell you, I'm ready for Christmas decorations.  I have a list and a chart (okay, the chart is just in my head) and I know what will go where.  It's going to be lovely.  

And I can't wait!

3 comments: