Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, November 10, 2014

Locks of Love

I can't believe I forgot to talk about this!  Seriously!  It's a huge thing, at least for me, and it weirdly has slipped my mind since it happened.

Long hair is my thing.  I've pretty much had it my entire life.  And it's sort of my security blanket, if I'm honest.  Mostly it hangs all the way down my back, and I'll get trims, but never really cut it.  Only, it was getting a little...ratty.  Split ends and breakage like you wouldn't believe.  So I took a huge leap, and cut it off.

Like, massive cut it off.  What once used to be hanging down to my ass, now barely brushes my shoulders.  More than 15 inches are just...gone.  It's a huge change for me, and I've never had my hair quite this short.  

Sis actually cut it for me.  And just as she was about to take the scissors to my hair, I told her to hand it to me as she cut it off.  Before that moment, saving it never even crossed my mind.  But I'm glad that I thought of it before she cut, because now I have a 15 inch ponytail to send to Locks of Love.

So even though I'm sad that my hair is gone, it'll do some real good.  And that makes me happy.  And makes it's loss easier to bear.  

4 comments:

  1. Great idea to use your cut hair for a good cause, Kris.

    You'll find your hair easier to keep at this new length, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes about four and half second to comb it after my shower. That part I love. :D

      Delete
  2. I think your new hair looks great

    ReplyDelete