Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Angering The Yarn Gods

Yep, I think I pissed off the goddess of yarn.  

I'm not sure what I did to make her so angry with me but I'm currently trying to figure out a suitable tribute to make her release her wrath.  But she's definitely angry.  Because everything I try to make ends up looking like crap.  Big piles of steaming poo.  No lie.

I started the BFF's Christmas present and it didn't work at all like it was supposed to.  I can do something else, but the fact that it looked like rubbish and I had my heart set on making it upsets me.  I actually know what I'm going to do instead but still...I'm sad that it didn't work out.

And then, I was going to make a pair of fingerless mitts.  But it just looked like...like a monkey made it.  It looked awful.  So I had to frog it.  And then, in a fit of pique, I threw it across the room.  Then I had to get up and go pick it up, untangle the yarn, and find my needles (they managed to make it into the closet).  So, really, not worth the momentary venting of frustration that it gave me.  

Which makes me nervous about a present that just may be opened tomorrow, because if the yarn goddess is against me, how is that going to go over?

Anyway, this all happened last night, so I put up the yarn and crawled into bed.  Hopefully by the time I get home tonight, I can figure out a fitting tribute that will appease the yarn goddess.


2 comments:

  1. O.O THE YARN GODDESS! Do you think she's jealous of the time you spend with THE MUSE???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, crap! If that's the case, what am I supposed to do?? I need to have them both in my life. NEED!

      Delete