Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, December 27, 2013

Yarn Induced Guilt

So, I sort of failed on the Christmas yarning this year.  Firstly, I on purpose didn't plan to make that much because I've gotten way, terribly, overly stressed out in recent years past over all the stuff that needs to get done and not enough time to do it!  So instead, I told myself that I wasn't going to make a buttload of stuff this year.  Of course, that comes with it's own layer of guilt (all heaped on by yours truly and no one else) because, well, you know that the yarning is my thing.

I did manage to work up some dishcloths for Sis.  Remember I told the story of Grandma's dishcloths?  Well, I popped out to the yarn store and got some awesome colored yarn and made a couple more for Sis.  And we she opened them she was rather gleeful.

I was going to make some other things, but as I started to stress and get worried over it, I decided it wasn't worth the worry and stress.  So, I've pushed them off for upcoming birthdays instead.

I also decided, rather selfishly, that the Scottish yarn I bought really is for me and not for Auntie.  So that shawl has gone on the shelf for a wee bit (I'll eventually finish it for me) so I can get her present done.  I had a couple of skeins of the super chunky extra warm awesome yarn that I used to make Sis's blanket so she's getting a snuggly shawl out of that instead.  Incidentally, when we were at her house on Christmas, she was telling me that she wanted to get a shawl pin and asked me where I got the one that I gave to my cousin.  I told her about The Shawl Pin store because I didn't have the heart to tell her that I already had a Shawl Pin for her to go with her birthday present (it's January 5th)  Then I felt a little bad about that before I remembered that she can totally have more than one shawl pin.  

The BFF and I are doing our Christmas exchange next weekend.  Which is actually perfect because I have this weekend and then the 31st and the 1st off from work.  Now, it's certainly not going to take that long to complete her gift (to go with the things that I bought) but it's nice to know that I have that cushion.  And have time to complete Auntie's present too.

Of course, I still have to finish Izzy's as well.  

Sometimes, I'm such a slacker.  Damn life for getting in the way!

2 comments:

  1. If it's more stress than enjoyment then it'll spoil your pleasure in the giving, so I think you're wise to do less now that you're busier writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm trying to be busier writing. :) But it was definitely a less stressful Christmas season when I wasn't trying desperately to get stuff done and crying about it.

      Delete