Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Postidays

It's a word I recently learned and it certainly fits.  Post holiday = postiday!

It's always a bit of a let down, isn't it, if you celebrate the holidays?  After Christmas is over, there's sort of a black hole.  It's like you spend all this time getting ready, presents and wrapping and decorating and getting into the holiday spirit and remembering the reason for the season and there's this great big lead up and then...splat...it's over.  And quickly too.

I'm trying not to get the positdays blah get to me by keeping Christmas up for a bit longer.  Maybe next weekend, or even the weekend after, I'll be ready to take down the decorations and let the season go.  But for now, I'm still enjoying the garlands and wreaths and twinkling lights on the tree.  

I'm headed off to work in a bit.  But I have the next two days off.  Of course, that makes going in today extra difficult.  But I'll muddle through somehow. :)

No big plans for the New Year, just a quiet night at home.  I'm very much looking forward to that.  2013 was a big year for me.  2014 holds even more possibilities.   

2 comments:

  1. Huh, that's a new word to me, too. :) Enjoy your days off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the word was rather fitting. :). And I certainly will! Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete