Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Home Again

My nephew is just beautiful, thank God!  I was afraid that he wouldn't be and I hate it when I have to be all "Oh, isn't you're baby just so cute?!" when they aren't.  It would have sucked worse considering it's my brother's kid.  But he's adorable and so sweet and snuggly.  It was so good to meet him.

Back to work today...which I'm not looking forward to at all.  I really enjoyed my vacation, of course, and after a week of doing nothing, I'm certainly not looking forward to getting back to the rat race.  But I will and hopefully, it'll all settle in nicely.  

I'm going to have to work like mad to get Izzy's present finished by Saturday.  Remind me again why I do this to myself?  Yeah, I'm not sure either.  Somehow, it felt more important to read and write and nap this last week than get anything substantial done on her shawl.  And now I'll have to crochet like mad to get it done in time.  Because I'm fairly certain she suspects what it is and I don't want to disappoint.  I see some long nights in my future this week.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that the week ahead goes well!

3 comments:

  1. It's crochet like the wind time! Lol Don't forget we wan pics when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. or even 'want' pics :)

      Delete
    2. Snort. Of course there will be pictures! Promise :)

      Delete