Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, December 13, 2013

Dang It

So, we're celebrating Izzy's birthday tomorrow.  There's movie and then dinner and then back to their place for prezzie's and hanging out.  Except...I'm not going to be done with her present.  

I sort of screwed the pooch on that one.  It's all my fault.  I didn't yarn as much as I should have on the week that I had off--kept having that "there's plenty of time, I'll get to it later" mentality.  So, now I have to show up tomorrow with a promise of a future present.

I think it's worth the wait.  And I know Izzy's totally low key and would be happy to have it whenever.  Plus, that means her birthday gets to happen again, sorta, on a different day.  And that's always fun.  So it'll all work out in the end.

At least it won't be like Sis's birthday present and be ten months late.  Which, yes, okay...better than the year before.  But no, I'll get it finish it up after the holidays and then gift it to her and she will be well pleased.  Of all the presents I've made for birthdays this year, I've managed to get 5 out of the 7 done on time.  One, I even got done way early AND managed to get it mailed so that it arrived in plenty of time.  Which is only like 71% but it's still totally a passing average.

But still, I feel badly about it.  It's one thing to make Sis wait--especially because she insisted on the hugeness of it--it's another entirely to make someone else wait.  But there's nothing to be done about it now.  Unless I can somehow squeeze an extra 24 hours in and not have to eat, sleep, or pee, that is.  Considering I'm not a Time Lord, I'm going to just have to suck up the embarassedness (yeah, I totally made that word up) of it and just admit defeat.  

I'm pretty sure she'll forgive me once she sees the finished product.    

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure she'll think it's worth the wait, Kris. What movie are you going to see?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The new Hobbit movie...only I didn't see the first part. And while I totally adored The Lord of The Rings (both the books and the movies) I never really got into the Hobbit. I'm a little leery of seeing it.

      Delete
  2. I really love the book of 'The Hobbit', I think it's a perfect gem but I found the first part of the film disappointing. I'll be going to see the second part because the people I went with last year want to see it, but if it was up to me alone I wouldn't bother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, see, I couldn't get into the book at all. Devoured the Lord of The Rings books...the Hobbit just couldn't hook me. But others, the BFF included, it was exactly the opposite. Ah well, goes to show there are different preferences for everyone right?

      Delete