Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Yummies

Today, we're having our Christmas Lunch at work.  What does that mean?  Well, basically, everyone brings something in, the boss buys us pizza for lunch, and we spend all day eating at our desks while we work.

I'm going to be so stuffed!

My contribution?  My (sorta) famous apple bread.  Looking at the list, everyone was bringing real food.  Buy that I mean, things that are actually meal-like.  I wanted something sweet and dessert-like to go with it.  So last night, I spend the evening baking.  I forget just how much I enjoy baking until I'm actually doing it.  And considering that I just baked some banana bread a few weeks ago, you would think I wouldn't forget so fast.  But there's something soothing about mixing the ingredients and putting it all together and have it turn out tasting like awesome.  At least there is to me.  And the delicious smells that waft through the entire house while the goods are in the oven ain't half bad either!

But I enjoy it and I was happy to do it.  Of course, I was also happy when it was done and I could set it on the rack and let it cool, too.  

So I'm going to thoroughly enjoy my day.  And I'll be spending the weekend trying to get as much yarning done as humanly possible!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!  Be kind to each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment