Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

And the Fates Smiled

I have procured myself a beta reader.  Someone who is not Sis and not the BFF, who love me and know the way I think and therefore aren't always able to give me the constructive criticism I need to make my writing better.  A friend of Sis's and an acquaintance of mine, he should be able to give me mean ass criticism that I hope won't make me cry.  Toby likes the genre, which is good, and I'm hoping that because we're friendly, but not close, he'll be able to be honest but critical.  It's nerve wracking but also gives me hope.  

But today is not devoted to the words.  Today, I'm working on Lyse's afghan and watching recorded episodes of Dateline: Real Life Mysteries.  Love that show.  The yarn I'm working with, Red Heart Classic, is a little rougher on my fingers than I'm used to lately but the colors are vibrant and wonderful and, once I wash it, will feel heavenly.  Pretty sure that's the sole reason fabric softener was invented.

I love it when a plan comes together!

No comments:

Post a Comment