Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Have Been Remiss

I haven't posted for days and it seems to be something in the air because several authors of blogs that I follow haven't posted either.  And I find myself worried about them, hoping that everything is OK and it is just lack of time and/or/ ambition that has kept them from posting.  Or that, like me, they have felt the need to decompress and veg instead of writing.

So, I shall update my status on the important things:

The Job: is going very well, thank you for asking.  I'm finding my way.  The days continue to move quickly which is a nice change from bored o'clock.  But I do get a few minutes here  and there to space out and think about yarn.  


And with that segue...

I have started Lyse's afghan.  It's about a fifth finished and looking awesome.  I can probably knock it out in not time.  I plan to spend a good portion of Saturday on it so we'll see how far I get. Considering I did the first fifth in just a couple of hours, I should be done before too much longer.  And then I can check that off my list as well.

My dear, sweet Bunny has asked for a lapghan and I found that I absolutely under no circumstances could tell her no.  She never asks for anything at all.  She asked for Zebra pattern and I'll have to spend some time lost in though to make it more interesting that just stripes.  Right now, my head is thinking it will be knitted and involve short rows.  We shall see after I play some.

And this whole time, in the in between, I have been working away on Sis's blanket.  I will need to purchase more yarn before I can complete it though.  Fortunately, my remaining gift card is for the store at which I purchased that yarn.  

So, as always, there is too much time to do and having to go to actual work gets in the way of doing the yarn type things.  Big sigh.  Oh well.  Can't feed my habit if I don't have money to purchase the yarn, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment