Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, April 6, 2012

The power of 2 words

I had a conversation with Suze today where she explained to me why she was so very upset because someone didn't say thank you to her.  The truth of the matter is that the words thank you are incredibly powerful.  While I don't agree with the fact that she expected the words, the fact that she didn't get them at all is the more troubling aspect.

I believe that thank you's should be given freely.  They should be heartfelt and sincere.  Saying thank you without meaning it sucks the power right out of the words.  I say them often and always mean it.  I say it for someone holding open a door for me, for dropping something off so that I don't have to make an extra trip, for anything where the I am grateful.  And I often get looks of shock and surprise or the comment "You're so polite!"  That is the upsetting part.  Thank you's should be meant, yes, but we should all use those words way more often than we do.  What I'm asking for is simple: when you are grateful, say thank you and mean it.  For the big things and especially for the little things.

And to all of you who take a few seconds out of your days to read this blog believe me when I say Thank You.  I mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment