Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, April 21, 2012

You're My Inspiration

Warning: The following is a diatribe as to why being a creative and imaginative person sucks.


I have been cursed with gift of imagination.  Yes, I said cursed.  Because, while it often a blessing, it is also the bane of my existence.  I can spend copious amount of time lost in a world where yarn or the voices transport me off this plane and into another.  I can get incredibly focused and determined to see something that was born in my gray matter come to fruition.  Where's the curse come in, you may ask?  It is the simple fact that being imaginative and creative means you get inspired all the time.  And you think, how can this be a bad thing?  Here's the answer: it sucks donkey balls when you are focused and doing something, or you have much on your plate already and then suddenly, bam! from out of nowhere new inspiration strikes.  And then you are left with a quandary.  Do you keep doing what your doing or do you temporarily abandon the project and work on the new inspiration?

I've said that I have to go where the muse takes me and sometimes that's true.  Sometimes you absolutely do not have a choice.  But, see, that often comes with a boat load of guilty.  At least for me.   Because there are so many things that I should be working on I feel all sorts of bad for working on what I want to work on.

Needless to say, as I was perusing the internet today, I discovered a new pattern that I think I want to make for me.  And there is so much that I need to be doing; Lyse's afghan (still not done), Bunny's afghan (haven't even figured out the pattern let alone bought the yarn), my afghan (which is over a yearn in the making) or either one of my current writing projects.  And yet, here my brain goes planning something new and other.  It's frustrating and guilt inducing and I'm going to have to start making an actual physical list of all the things I want to make or I'm going to go stark raving mad.  And also, I need to be independently wealthy so that I can just spend all my day with the words and the yarn and not have to waste my time with silly things like work.


And yes, before you ask, I do realize it's ridiculous to complain about being creative.  And I do know that I would be super pissed off if I lost that.  So, I think I better just go with the list thing and stop complaining. 


<end rant>

No comments:

Post a Comment