Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

A New Year

I don't do resolutions.  Honestly, I think they are crap.  I give a lot of credit to those who make them and keep them.  I'm not one of those people.  And I'm not one to set myself up for failure.  Invariably, if I make a resolution that I can't keep, I feel like shit because of it.

I like the word goal so much better.  It's something to strive for.  And something to achieve.  But if you don't get there, it's not necessarily a failure.  As long as there was trying.  Maybe this doesn't make sense to you, but it's an important distinction for me.  Goals I will happily have.  And not just at the new year.

That being said, my biggest goal last year was to get published and I actually managed to succeed at that.  I also had a goal of getting projects done well before their deadlines.  And I did pretty well at that as well...even if a few of them didn't manage to get done on time.  And a couple of times I was up until the small hours getting them done.  But all that aside, I did pretty well.

This year, my goal is simple.  My goal is to be a happier me.  In whatever form that takes, I'm going to strive to complete that.  It means trying not to be so hard on myself and not to worry so much.  It means accepting my limitations and faults.  

A new year but the same me.  Just a bit happier and more content.  

2 comments: