Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Remake

Sadly, the BFF's favorite mitts got lost.  Stolen, is more likely.  Someone was admiring them, she accidentally left them behind, and when she went back to get them a short while later, they were nowhere to be found.  The BFF is heartbroken.  

I'm going to make a new pair.

Yesterday, right after I woke up, I got an email that a bunch of yarn was on sale.  Turns out, the exact yarn I needed was not only on sale, but in a combo pack that made it an especially good deal.  I ordered it and it should arrive in a few days.

After I finish the last bit of Mum's mitts, that's next on my docket.

They were sort of a bitch to make the first time around because it was several years ago and I didn't know as much as I do now about the knitting.  It was still new to me at the time.  So as sad as I am that the mittens have gone, I'm also a little bit glad that I get to do them over.  I can make them better this time.  And that's just a little bit exciting.

And as much as I fear SSS, which will come into play twice as I've already made them one and there are two to make, I'm also looking forward to it.  


4 comments:

  1. And if it's cold you can wear your own new lovely mitts while you're knitting them!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The BFF must have loved them to keep them for years (mitts do their best to get lost) so it's great that you can replace them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. They do their best for one of the set to disappear. She was very careful. I'm glad I can replace them too

      Delete