Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Monday, January 13, 2014

The Dark Place

Sometimes, I go to a dark place.  And when I'm there, it gets very, very dark.  I was there last week.  I didn't know how to handle it or what to do.  But with some help, I managed to find my way to the light again.

This weekend wasn't overly productive.  I finally put away Christmas.  Which was a bit sad in its own right.  But overdue.  And it actually helped with my mental space as well.  The physical act of clearing and organizing helped me do the same in the headspace too.  I'm feeling so much better now.  

And, though I'm not overly fond of cleaning, I did a bunch of that this weekend.  Dusted, vacuumed, mopped the floors, changed the sheets on the bed, and general all around tidying.  Earlier this week, it was below freezing--below zero on a couple of days actually--but this weekend it warmed up to the 40s and it actually felt like a heat wave.  I could open the windows a bit and let in a little fresh air.  It was a satisfying on a bunch of levels.

I even took a nap both days, which you may recall, is one of my guilty pleasures.    

At any rate, I'm past the dark place and things are light again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad things are looking brighter now. *Hugs*

    And I hope you don't get those really low temperatures again. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete