Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

More Randoms

--I took my contacts out last night because they were bothering me but I wasn't quite ready to go to bed.  I figured that I'd still be able to read on my Kindle.  I had to hold it so close to my face that I was going cross-eyed trying to see.  I broke down and put on my glasses.  It never occurred to me to enlarge the font.

--My boobs look fantastic today...is that TMI? :)

--This happened in my brain on the drive to work this morning, exactly like this: "I'm glad they finally fixed that huge pothole in the road.  Except I don't know why they did it. It will just come back.  All this cold and then warming up, it's just going to crack open again.  The only way they'd really be able to fix it is to resurface that entire section.  They should do that. No!  No they shouldn't.  Then I'd have to take the long way.  I'll just avoid the pothole when it comes back."

--I read a book last night that was so utterly and completely horrible that it's made me think I'll stop reading the series.  And at 20 some odd books in, that's a hard thought to take.  I'm not going to say what it was or what the series is, because other people probably loved it and that's not nice of me.  But yeah, it was awful and I wish I hadn't killed two hours of my life and wasted the money.  Very rarely do I ever think those things because I actually like to read bad stories sometimes...the kind that are so bad they're good.  I can't really explain my love of them.  But this just made me pissed off.

--I started a pair of fingerless mitts for Mum for her birthday but I've decided I hate them and I'm going make them differently.  If I can manage to stay away from the books tonight, I'll probably start that.  Four weeks to finish them.

--I really, really want some cookies.  This is no surprise to anyone, least of all me.

--Work is incredibly insane.  I can't even begin to describe the insanity of it.  It doesn't look like it's going to calm down anytime soon. I'm doing my best to persevere.

--I wrote this on my lunch instead of eating because I couldn't get the random out of my head.  It's okay, I'll eat at my desk later.   

 

2 comments:

  1. Re the boobs - Have you got a new bra that gives you spectacular uplift? :D

    If I'm not enjoying a book I jump to the last chapter to see how it finishes and then I'm done with it. I recently stopped one at the 18% on my kindle which is early for me to give up, but I couldn't abide the main character's voice.

    Sorry about work, no wonder you want cookies. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bra isn't particularly new...I think it's just a good bra/particular shirt combo! lol

      I've only once ever not finished a book...I figure if I paid for it, I'm going to read it. Even if I hate it. So I finished it. But it does not bode well for me to continue the series, that's for dang sure.

      Cookies would help. A margarita would be better! :D

      Delete