Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, January 31, 2014

Wonderful Friday

Oh, darling Friday!  How I have needed you!  I've longed for you!  I'm so glad you're here!!

It's been a long week.  In fact, every day this week, it felt like Thursday to me, so when I woke up in the morning (on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) I spent a minute or two being glad it was Friday...only to crash back down to reality when I realized it wasn't.  To say that it was disappointing is an understatement.  But this morning, it is Friday!

But it's Friday.  Which means jeans and sweatshirt instead of business casual attire.  It means good lunch (as we usually order lunch at work on Fridays).  It means when I get home tonight, I can get in my even comfier clothes and just chill.

I finally finished Mum's mitts last night!  Go me!  I had particular motivation, though, because the yarn for the BFF's mitts arrived yesterday.  And I desperately wanted to get them on the needles and get them made.  But I told myself--very firmly, I might add--that there was no way I could do that when Mum's weren't done.  So, I sat myself down and finished knitting.  I knew it would only take a wee bit of work and a couple of hours, so I commanded myself to finish.  And I did.  Of course, now I'm terribly worried that she won't like them...

Relatives were supposed to come in this weekend, but now they are postponing it a bit.  So I get to relax and unwind this weekend.  I'm going to make a pot of tea and drink it leisurely.  I'm going to knit on the BFF's mitts.  I'd really like to get them done in one weekend, but I think that's really a pipe dream.  But I am going to start them when I get home tonight.  I'm really very excited about the whole thing...as long as I can keep the SSS at bay.  Look for pics in the near future!

Hope everyone has a splendid weekend!



2 comments:

  1. SOME people have to work tomorrow! Hmph!

    Well done on your Mum's mitts, she'll love them. That red is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well, SOME people have to work EVERY Wednesday too!

      I know she'll love the color, and the pattern...worried about the thing as a whole though. I think she'll appreciate fingerless mitts. But now I'm not entirely sure :/

      Delete