Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Getting In My Own Way

I do it all the time.

It's never intentional, of course. But my head is always getting in too deep, overthinking. And then I make things worse for myself. Way worse than they actually are.

I do it with yarn. I plan a project and I overthink and over analyze and before I know it, both me and the yarn are a hot mess. And then I give up or get frustrated and if I just took a breath and backed off, stopped worrying, I'd be fine.

I do it with writing. I spend so much time lost in the "everything I write is rubbish" that I can't see the good there. Or when changes need to happen, and I know they do, my stubbornness keeps me from doing it until I have no choice.

I do it with life. Overthink, over analyze, worry and fret until I'm so worked up I can't let anything go. I can't just enjoy.

I get in my own way sometimes. But I'm working on it.

2 comments:

  1. Hah! It would be a different world altogether if people could 'just enjoy' ! :)

    ReplyDelete