Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Searching for Inspiration

I sort of don't know what to do with myself.

There's a couple of books I need to read, and there's yarning to be done, and words to be written.  But I can't seem to make myself settle on any one thing.  This ever happen to you?  It seems to be happening to me with increasing regularity and I'm not happy about it at all.  

It's sort of like...because I know I actually have to do it, I don't want to.  Which makes me feel terribly childish.  And yet I can't seem to change it.  I think I've probably complained about this sort of thing before.  

I just need to make myself start working on something, and then follow it through.  But I'm also a little afraid that if I do, something will come along and make me have to stop what I'm doing.  Because if I make plans, the universe comes along to mess with me.  It's just how it works.

And I know Sis wants to make plans for today, but I don't want to do that either.  I want to be inspired.  I want something to strike me and then I just have no choice but to work on it.  I don't think that's too much to ask for, right?

In other and unrelated news, I managed to fix the problem that was going on with my web browser that was causing slowness, and not letting me see videos, and making me loose words that I've written (which seriously fucking pissed me off) but it's all good now.  Thank goodness.  

2 comments:

  1. "because I know I actually have to do it, I don't want to." - Oh, I know that feeling well!!!

    Glad you got your browser sorted, though.

    ReplyDelete