Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Being Brave

I like routine.  I like tradition.  I like things to be the same.  I don't like change.  I especially don't like change that happens out of the blue. I'm the girl that doesn't mind spoilers because I like to know what's coming.  I don't like surprise parties.  I don't like being made to guess.  I like it when things go the way they are supposed to.  There are certain foods I eat the exact same way every single time because that's how it's supposed to be.

I'm a bit set in my ways.  And I'm an introvert.  So, I don't like to draw any sort of attention to myself.  I lurk.  I watch.  I often remain silent.

But the past few weeks, something has been different.  I've stepped outside of my comfort zone on several occasions.  I've done things that I normally wouldn't...because of fear or anxiety or simply because "that's not how it goes."

The actual things don't matter as much as the fact that I've done them.  No, that's not true.  They do matter.  But the slightly more important part is that I took a step outside of my box and I've done things that I wouldn't have even a few months ago.

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.  And accomplished.  And I like it.  

2 comments: