Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Frustration

You think I'd be used to it by now, wouldn't you?  The making-the-plans-and-having-them-go-to-shit thing.  And yet, it still pissed me off to no end when I make fairly reasonable and easily followed plans and something comes along to cock it all up. 

The frustrations--I got em.

Last night I had a list of things to do and I was all set to do them, but then there was a bunch of other stuff that had to happen and delay my good intentions.  In the end, I got it all done, but for a while there, I had an unholy anger about the whole thing.  I'm over that now, but I'm still frustrated.  Why is it that I can't make a simple plan and have things go according to it?  Is it a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point?  I would say yes, except it's always external forces that come along and ruin things for me.  It's like the universe knows I want to get certain things done or do something in particular, and then it comes stomping in with combat boots and says "Too bad, so sad, baby girl.  There's this whole other thing that needs to happen."

Perhaps that's where the muse gets it from?  Cause that bitch has done the same thing to me.  And often.

But I can't seem to stop making plans.  I can't even keep myself from saying the word.  Perhaps, in time, I'll actually get used to it.  Perhaps I'll remember to make the plans with the idea that they're going to get all jacked up in mind.

Maybe someday.

Until then, I'm still frustrated.  


2 comments:

  1. You got there in the end, though. All's well that ends well! :)

    ReplyDelete