Welcome

Welcome and thank you for visiting! Here you will find a bit about my life, including my obsession with the fiber arts and the written word.

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Snow Brings Out The Lazy

After a couple of truly sublime days this weekend, during which mother nature teased us into thinking Spring was on it's way, winter is back.  At least it's not with a vengeance.  It's just a bit of the really light and fluffy snow and though we're supposed to get a few more inches over the next couple of days, it's pretty much supposed to stay the light and fluffy stuff.  Which means brushing off the cars before you can drive, but clearing the snow from the driveways and sidewalks is a simple task of pushing it out of the way.  

And that's how I like it.

Of course, the really good thing about this weather--besides the fact that it's not too troublesome--is that it means that curling up on the couch with a throw blanket, a cup of tea, and a good book is all the more wonderful.  And terribly inviting.  So, of course, I want to do that instead of anything that I'm supposed to be doing, but sometimes we just have to make those kinds of sacrifices. :)

I'm actually working on a bunch of stuff right now, both words and yarn, and it seems that the option of so many things to work on is overwhelming and therefore I don't want to work on any of it.  It's one of my faults. I know it.  I need to just make myself work on one thing and get it finished so I can move onto the next.  My problem is trouble prioritizing what needs to get done first.  Each project has it's reasons for being at the top of the list.  

Truth is, I know what absolutely needs to get done first, and now that I'm done whining about it, I'm just going to do it.  But perhaps a little good luck wish won't go amiss, hm?



4 comments:

  1. Glad it's only been a light snowfall this time.

    Good luck with getting your top project done! Eat that frog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snort. I don't have any idea what that means, but it sounds encouraging!

      Delete
    2. Lol -
      "Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time" by Brian Tracy. A friend bought this book a few years ago to help her stop procrastinating and then she lent it to me. We're both still procrastinators. :) The frog is the biggest to-do task and it should be done first which frees us up to do easier tasks after.

      Delete
    3. Well, then, guess I'm eating frog!

      Delete